Operation of the Site
How to submit an idea
To submit an idea by way of making a Submission, just fill out the form here.
You will receive a confirmation email with a unique generated code. We will review Submissions as they are received and we aim to respond to you within 10 working days as to whether we want to progress further with you. If you don’t hear from us by then, you can contact us here.
When you submit a Submission, you agree to the following:
- your Submission is original, accurate, created by you, and not an impersonation;
- you are over the age of 16 or, if under 16, your parent or legal guardian consents to your submission;
- you are not an employee of Fonterra, or if you are employee of Fonterra or work for a supplier, customer or other affiliate or agency of Fonterra, you agree to include a clear disclosure of your relationship with Fonterra in your Submission;
- your Submission (or any portion of it) has not been included in nor planned for use in any other advertising or promotional materials, for Fonterra or any third party;
- your Submission is made without any prior payment or promise of payment having been made to you or the expectation by you of any payment in return for your proposed Submission. Your Submission is also made without any prior benefit having been made to you or the expectation of any future benefit;
- your Submission is not false, misleading, offensive, defamatory, or otherwise inappropriate;
- your Submission does not contain content which infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, right of privacy, moral rights, and/or any other applicable personal or proprietary rights;
- your Submission does not contain content which violates any applicable law, statute, bylaw or regulation or content that engages in, encourages, advocates, or provides instructions for conduct that would constitute a criminal or civil offence under any applicable law, statute, bylaw or regulation;
- your Submission does not contain content or materials intended to create disruption or to mislead others.
- your Submission does not contain content which includes third party websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information, phone numbers, other information or opinions about an identified or reasonably identifiable individual or private information (including sensitive information) without obtaining prior consent from that individual for sharing such information with Fonterra;
- your Submission does not contain programming or materials containing any Trojan horses, viruses, worms, harmful code, or other potentially damaging information, programs, or file; and
You are advised to share non-confidential information only in your Submission as we cannot guarantee full protection of confidential information included in your Submission. If confidential information is shared, this may result in your application being rejected by us.
Prior to any confidential discussions taking place, you will be asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement with Fonterra so that any confidential information that is subsequently shared, is protected.
You acknowledge that Fonterra, a Fonterra Group company or a third party acting on its/their behalf, may have previously worked on or may be working on the same or a similar idea to the idea in your Submission. By submitting your idea, you agree that we may continue to develop the idea (or a similar idea) independently of, and without acknowledging, your idea.
You warrant that you own the rights in any information you share with Fonterra in your Submission and any information supplied to us does not infringe the intellectual property rights, confidentiality or the rights of any third party. You will retain ownership of all protected intellectual property included your application. In the event that your proposal is accepted, you will be required to enter into a mutually agreed contract with Fonterra which will set out the how the parties will conduct themselves and collaborate, and each parties rights and obligations, including those in relation to the parties’ respective intellectual property. Any improvements or amendments to the intellectual property that result from the collaboration with us is the property of Fonterra unless otherwise agreed in writing.
These Terms will be interpreted in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of New Zealand and you and we irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand with respect to any dispute arising under, or in relation to, your use of the Site or these Terms. We also retain the right to bring proceedings in any other court of competent jurisdiction of our choice.